The first one is the Liebster Blog Award and I was nominated by the very sweet and beautiful Marisabel of Glamorous Petite. Please do not forget to check out her beautiful blog and her amazing sense of style!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.
The rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. Remember, no tag backs!
The next award is the Sunshine Blogger Award awarded by another very sweet and beautiful lady, Ashy of The Zing of My Life. Please do not forget to check out this lovely lady's amazing blog. Thank you Ashy for the love( and sunshine) that you showered on me!
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog page.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 10 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
11 things about myself ( for Liebster Blog Award):
- I am a true blue Gemini- very restless, whimsical, moody and fickle minded.
- I do not consider myself to be a shopaholic, but just an impulsive shopper. This is why I never make budgets and 'things to buy' lists when I go shopping. If one day I end up buying too many stuff, it is compensated the other day, when I return empty-handed, as nothing in store catches my fancy![such days are rare though(wink)!!:))]
- My impulses do not always prove to be correct
though, as sometimes I end up returning what I bought. Being a Gemini,
given it a second thought and a second trial at home, I inevitably
change my mind as it does not appeal to me as much as the first time!
- Fortunately, I do not have a sweet tooth and I do not like chocolates. But, surprisingly, when it comes to ice creams and cakes, I will always go for the chocolate flavored ones!
- I love to dance and enjoy all forms of dancing.
- Since childhood, I've been mesmerized by mountains and winter season more than the sea-side and summer(quite natural to people residing in a warmer place). But after experiencing many freezing winters here in this country, I'm now drawn more to bright, sunny summers and the sea-side!
- I like to try all kinds of cuisines, but my favorite, as of now, is Thai food, and this liking has developed since I was married to my long time boyfriend, as he is a big fan of all types of Oriental cuisines, especially Thai.
- I am a hopeless dog-lover (cruelty towards animals literally brings tears to my eyes) but was always apprehensive about fish keeping.A few days back, my husband got a fish tank and I vehemently rejected his offer to me to take care of the fish, as handling fish scares the hell out of me. I always think that I'll crush the little fellows to death if I even touch them! But now, two months down the lane, I am a more confident fish keeper than my husband.
- I enjoy living in this beautiful country but at the same time I miss my hometown, my family and friends and my darling pet dog, Misha, back in India.
- Being indecisive and changing my mind every now and then is like my second nature.I strongly believe that change is the only thing constant in life. The only time I did not change my mind was being in a relationship with my then boyfriend, now husband!
- Now, don't all of the above prove that I'm a true blue Gemini?
Marisabel's questions for me( for Liebster Blog award):
1. What is your favorite movie/tv show right now?
Ans. It is really hard to pick just one, but since you said right now, it would be Happy Endings (though it is off air currently) and my all time favorite movie has to be A Beautiful Mind.
2. If you win the lottery, what would be the first item you splurge on?
Ans. I would buy a spacious house and decorate it in a way so as to transform it in to my dream home!
3. What is your favorite Olympic sport?
Ans. That would be the gymnastics and figure skating. Since my childhood I've been obsessed with the exceptional skills of the gymnasts and I love figure skating probably because it involves so much dancing also. '
4. What is your dream vacation?
Ans. A quiet, relaxing vacation on the beautiful beaches of Tahiti or a fun, party vacation at the intoxicating Rio di Janeiro, Brazil.
5. When you are not blogging or reading blogs, what do you do for fun?
Ans. Loads of things- read books, dance, hang out with friends or the hubby, go shopping,watch TV or surf the net.
6. What is your go-to fashion brand? (the brand that fits you the best physically and style-wise)
Ans. Again, hard to pick! Let's say LOFT and Banana Republic.
7. If you could be a designer, what would you design? purses, swimwear, clothes, etc....
Ans. I have this crazy purse/bag fetish, so I guess it would be purses.
8. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Ans. It has always been the beautiful hill stations(to name a few-Sikkim, Darjeeling) located at the foothills of the majestic Himalayas. But these days I'm more into beaches and sea side!
9. What is your dream job?
Ans. Hmmm, lets say a celebrity of some sort with lots of money and fame, or an investment banker at the Wall Street, or maybe a billionaire entrepreneur!!
10. What is your realistic dream job?
Ans. Huh, there you are-a decent office environment, where I can dress up everyday without anyone blinking an eyelid, would do!
11. What are your top 3 favorite blogs?
Ans. 3? Are you kidding me? Honestly, it is impossible to pick only 3!
Ashy's questions for me (for the Sunshine Blogger Award):
1.If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?
Ans. As I said before, it would be the beautiful islands of Tahiti, or may be I'll take up an Euro tour- to the romantic city of Paris or explore the beautiful architecture of Italy.
2.Whats your memorable moment/fav memory since you became a blogger?
Ans. I still remember how excited I was to receive my very first blog award in the very first month of blogging and today, 6 months down the lane, I'm reliving that feeling! Thanks to you, Ashy and Marisabel.
3.What do you do to relax after a hectic day?
Ans. A hot shower first and then some good music (preferably Pink Floyd), a good drink (game for a margarita) and good company(the hubby, of course, as all my close friends are miles away from me).
4.When are you most alert morning or night?
Ans. Morning, of course, but if you mean while sleeping when I'm most alert, I'd say neither morning nor night as I sleep like a log!
5.Would you rather be by yourself or with lots of people?
Ans.With lots of people!
6.Your favorite fashion magazine and blog?
Ans. Magazine- Glamour, Harper's Bazaar and InStyle. Blog- impossible to pick just a few, let alone one!
7.Are you active or quiet/silent person?
Ans. Active and an extrovert!
8.How many hours do you spend on blogging in a week?
Ans. Never counted it but MANY.
9.Pink or black?
Ans. Depends on my mood, but black mostly.
10.What's your favorite place to shop in this world and why?
Ans. Have not shopped in a lot of different parts of the globe, but, till date, it has to be New York City.
And here comes the most difficult part, choosing just 10/11 blogs from all those wonderful blogs out there!
I made a conscious effort not to nominate them whom I already did the last time.
My Nominees for the Liebster Blog Award are: (some of them just crossed their 200th mark)
- Ayantika of Bong's Belleza.
- Dayi of Dayis Sense of Style.
- Callie of Coffee and Cardigans.
- Morgan of Short Sleeved Pants.
- Tam of Hello, Framboise!
- Mehak of The Double "M" Life.
- Mrs. C of Mrs Jack of All Trades Daily.
- Nikita of Pen Twister.
- Second Hand Rose.
- Maria of Third Floor With Water View.
- With Each Passing Day.
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Yi-chia of Always Maylee.
2. Kim of A very Sweet Blog.
3. Tiffany of Breakfast with Tiffany.
4. Minja of Confessions of a Psycho Cat.
5. Annie of The Other Side of Gray.
6. Joyce of Joyful Outfits.
7. Sharon of The Tiny Heart.
8. Heather of Pearls and Paws.
9. Mini Me Style.
10. My Mini Bag. ( I received my first ever blog award from them. )
My questions for my nominees for both the Liebster Blog Award and the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Remember, Sunshine Blogger Award nominees only need to answer the first 10 questions, unless of course you also voluntarily want to answer the 11th one too(wink)!!
1.In which place would you like to buy/own your dream home?
2.What kind of music do you enjoy?
3.What is your favorite pastime?
4.What is your idea of a perfect vacation?
5.Which aspect of blogging do you find most interesting?
6. If you are a book worm or a couch potato, what is your all time favorite movie/TV show/book?
7.What would you wear on a first date?
8.Name a few of your favorite fashion brands.
9. Love, work, family, friends- how do you prioritize them?
10.How would you describe your style of dressing? For eg, girly, edgy, lady like, Bohemian, casual, sporty, elegant etc.
11. Sunshine or snow-flakes?
Thanks once again to Marisabel of Glamorous Petite for being so sweet and kind as to nominate me and to Ashy of The Zing of My Life for generously showering all that love (and sunshine!) on me.
Last, but not the least, thanks a bunch to all my readers, followers, fellow bloggers and friends for showing me all your love and support all through and for making this blog happen!!
Happy Friday all, and a have a wonderful weekend!
Thanking you Yours fashionably